Thursday, February 16, 2017

Vintage Reissued

This is Simplicity 1278. It is a 1950's vintage reissued pattern. I made it up in size 16. This is view C. This particular pattern does not have any side dart shaping the "B" bust cup comes from some waistline darts and the pleating detail at the neckline. This was not going to work for me. I added a "D" sized bust dart at the side seam. With this FBA, I did a prefit muslin for the top and found I also needed about 3/4" width added to the upper arm sleeve. After the adjustments were made and tried it out on some viscose lawn in a blue and brown leafy print.

I was happy with the pattern and wore this blouse several time this winter. It looks nice with skirts or pants and the neckline detail means I don't need any jewelry or anything fussy at all. Sweet and simple. The sleeves in this photo look like they are two different length. I assure you, they are equal length 3/4 sleeves. Perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment